Today in 2020, this corona virus pandemic has become one of the greatest threats to humanity. The only way to fight the virus is by staying at home and keeping proper hygiene.
But, for most of the kids its really difficult to stay at home all day without meeting their friends or playing in a park.
So, here are some fun activities for kids during lock down:
1) Create some happy memories for your children that you can talk about later when they grow up. For example, do weekly theme nights, create a family gratitude tree, or let your children camp out in the living room, make fun videos with them. Focus on connection, relationships, gratitude, and having fun.
2) Let children participate in online contests for them. This will not only make you child’s day fun but he will learn more about healthy competition. There are many websites you can tell your children about for contests like kidsvault. Let your child participate in contests and read blogs on the website. This is how he can learn with fun.
3) Begin the day with “family time”. Every day, a different person decides what the family does for the first hour of the day. For example, it can be puzzles, card games, a family walk, etc. It’s empowering for each family member to feel a sense of collaborative control and ownership of each day.
4) Create your own “high intensity” workout with your family. Each person chooses their favorite moves, such as lunges, jumping jacks, squats, or even hops. Using a timer, do each workout move for 20 seconds, then take a 10-second break. Do four sets of each move, then take a 30 second break. This “interval training” is fun, fast-paced and really gets hearts pumping!
5) Plan a movie night once or twice a week. Let children choose their favourite movie, enjoy the movie with some home-made snacks. This will let your children feel good and the family bond will strengthen.
6) Help children to pickup a hobby they can learn and enjoy within home. Give them Youtube tutorials about their chosen hobby. Let them explore about it in their own way. Make them practice whatever they have learnt in the evening.
7) Set up a treasure hunt. Hide anywhere from 10 to 20 items around the house. Let them search all the items. This will give you some free time as well and keep your children busy for 1-2 hours.
8) Have an indoor picnic. Grab a sheet, whatever food you have, and enjoy a living room picnic (without the ants). You can play some imagination games there as well like ask your children to imagine if they in a nearby park for this picnic and question them what would they do there for fun.
9) Write a letter. No, we are not talking about Emails. Grab plain sheets, pens and some old stamps. Ask your child to write a letter to someone they love like grandma or some aunt or uncle who lives far away. When they are done writing the letter, take a picture of it and send it to who-so-ever they have written that letter to. This will be a great fun and learn activity for the children.
10) FaceTime with family members. FaceTime is another meaningful way to connect with family and friends while practicing “social distancing.” Schedule a particular time for everyone to connect and have a facetime. This will make the children feel that they are still connected to their family and friends.
Do whatever to make this quarantine fun for your children but make sure that you and your children are taking proper rest and enjoying at the same time. Stay at home and teach kids the benefits of this special time they are getting once in their life time.
This is tough time for everyone and we hope it passes by soon leaving us with some good memories only.
We know being a parent is a learning process and want to make it a little easier for you. So here is our blog full of tips, tricks, stories and much more to help you through parenthood!